Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Falling into place...

Well, good things come to those who wait... It's looking like I'll be able to teach again this semester, although we're still waiting on official approval from the powers that be.

We're also waiting to see if Hubby will be chosen for the permanent position in his department... After yet another year of slight calm but full uncertainty, we should know something soon.

I never thought I'd consider myself happy to stay somewhere over 4000km away from home... but in these past few months we've been content. Life's not too exciting, but there's a big city two hours away from our little city. N. is thriving in school, and wants to stay. He asked me the other day, "Mom? Can I go to the same school next year? PLEASE?" and my heart broke because I couldn't answer the way he wanted me to. I said, quite honestly, "I really hope so, my bud. I really do..." I know no matter what happens we can't stay in this tiny apartment forever, but I'd dearly love an in-town move rather than a cross-country one.

Do things ever really settle, I wonder? Even if this works out (or even if it doesn't), in the next year we're probably looking at another move, possibly to a house, at the very least I'll be hopping from one limited term position to the next (which, at this point, I'm extremely grateful to have)... and is it really that bad? I guess after all this time searching for positives ;) I've come to the conclusion that the universe is keeping me on my toes, and hopefully keeping me sharp.

At some point, too, I'll have to pick up needles or hook again. I did a bunch of crochet snowflakes before Christmas for gifts, and was commissioned to do some fingerless mitts (which were awesome if I do say so, and only took a few hours)... I miss that part of my sanity...

No comments: