Sunday, August 31, 2014

Has it really been over a month?

Wow... so much for all my good intentions about posting... :(

I don't know how I can possibly say it's been insane, but it has. Between unpacking, purging extra things, visiting my family, keeping N. busy... it's been nuts. But, we've survived the summer, and are heading into September with a great deal of optimism (and crossed fingers).

N. starts school this week, and luckily for us, it's a block away from Hubby's building. Hubby spent last winter semester watching kids play out his window during lunch hour, and now N. will be on that same playground. It's convenient, to say the least, and everyone we've spoken to says the school is a good one.

The other nice thing is that it's a block away from my building ;)

I've managed to secure a lab instructor position, albeit just for one semester right now, teaching undergrad biology labs. 125 students, in five lab sections. I'm SO EXCITED, it's a little crazy :) I taught core bio courses during grad school, as well as serving as senior course admin and instructor when the usual senior instructor was on sabbatical. I love teaching labs, and I can't wait to get back at it.

So, it's been busy, it's going to be busy, but so far, so good!

No comments: