Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 1st

Hubby has landed, 4000km away. His luggage, all three large suitcases, made it with him; I choose to see this as a good sign ;) He also had a warm welcome (in -50C windchill!) from my mom's baby sister, who scooped him up at the airport, fed him lasagna, and put him back on the shuttle because his new university is in the second largest city that's 2.5 hrs away from the closest airport.

N. is having a bit of a rough time... he's excited and proud that Daddy's going to be a teacher, but he can't understand why the university isn't paying for our plane tickets to go too.  Combine that with waking up at 4am to say goodbye and not sleeping and you get a very unhappy boy.

Luckily he's sound asleep and we get to Skype with Daddy in the morning...

As for me, I'm trying to keep it together, collect my thoughts, and start thinking about what to work on next. I need a project, stat.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Sounds like great news!