Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A snow day sewing project

Using a great pattern from Abby Glassenberg at While She Naps, I put together this little owl and baby for my niece :-)

This is the second pattern I've made of hers (the first has been used for at least four bunny loveys), and they are fantastic.  I've been sewing for nearly thirty years, mostly self taught, and Abby's tips are great. Using a shorter stitch length to navigate curves? So logical, but I never thought of it :-) Her patterns are so well laid out that they're a joy to sew.

And just so I can sound like a total infomercial...

If I haven't said it before, Abby's patterns will give you great mileage. Makes me want to pressure friends and family to have babies so I can make gifts for everyone.

Can't wait til next month to visit my nieces!


ETA: fixed link to Lovey Dovey Pattern and Stella the Owl :) and changed spacing... silly mobile app...

2 comments:

geeky Heather said...

That is ADORABLE!!! I'll have to track down the bunny pattern....

Ellie said...

Fixed it in the post ;)