Saturday, June 8, 2013

Smells like time for an update...

... or maybe I'm just waiting for Hubs to come online for a skype date.

(truth be told, we've converted to google hangout for the most part... po-tay-to, po-tah-to...)

Life is chugging along, albeit in a bit of an antihistamine fog.  It turns out I'm allergic to my island.  I thought it was just the cat, but cats give me asthma, and I'm covered in hives.  N. has adapted well so far, made friends with said cat, and is sleeping soundly at the moment.

I did some knitting yesterday and today, first time in a while... I'd started a pair of socks before leaving, but two things happened that made me believe they were doomed: 1. A friend's dog tore the ball apart, resulting in my having to wind it by hand since my ball winder was already packed, and 2. I thought I was knitting on a set of five US3 needles, but it was four US3s and one US2; the sets I had only contained four in total, and I forgot that fact until I noticed the spiralling dimple working its way up the sock cuff.

I ripped it back, and decided instead to cast on for a sockhead hat (rav link)... I brought it with me to visit my grandmother at the nursing home and attracted a bunch of attention :)

And with that, I'm off to chat with Hubs... what would we do without the internet?!

No comments: