Saturday, November 3, 2012

According to my unofficial official prompt list for NaBloPoMo...

.. today is a free day.  I exercised that freedom by spending the day shopping and driving around with my two boys.  We rented a car, picked up the annual holiday photos that we had done a couple of weeks ago, and chipped away at the to-do-and-to-buy for Christmas list.  My treat to myself was some fancy nailpolishes to head into the festive season, including a matte topcoat to play with...

And I'm realizing that free day is making me sound very shallow, which makes me very sad.  It's just been a long week, I guess.  We were relatively unaffected by the hurricane, but everyone around us is picking up the pieces.  I crave routine, and it's not here right now.  Since the time change is all but impossible to impose on a four year old (no extra hour of sleep for me), I'm going to crawl into bed with the sleeping four year old while Hubby finishes up some computer work.  It's weeks like this that make me realize everyone needs more snuggle time with their kids.

<3

No comments: