Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WniP Wednesday

That's Works Not In Progress... because I can't seem to shake the schlumps out of my head this past week and pick up needle or hook.  I've done a little bit on my second stripe study, but the wedges are getting bigger and going slower.  I also picked up the 2x2 rib scarf that goes with my brother's hat, but it lasted about 10 minutes, and that does nothing to pull one out of a rut :-)

I've done a bit more baking lately, though, which surprises me considering the fact that I swore off sweets after making the second wedding cake.  I tried (and succeeded!) at making baklava (ohmygodwasitgood), and Hubby's supervisor has me on retainer to do all special occasion baking for the lab.  This week, one of the grad students is turning 26, and he loves peanut butter, so I made chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream, and PB bars.  The cake recipe is here, the frosting here, and together, they're the best EVER.

I'm gearing up for a little family road trip - one of our cousins has a little girl turning two, so it's party time for us.  Maybe a couple of hours in a car will cure my knitting blues.

No comments: