Tuesday, July 3, 2012

a slightly calmer day (I hope)

N. slept well again last night, although was up early (it's a trend since coming home from the wedding).  He's in a great mood, although the rash is only fading slightly on his hands and feet.  The baboon's arse, a common additional site, would be hilarious if it wasn't so cringe-inducing.  Luckily he still seems to be feeling absolutely no pain or itch.

I'm feeling more zen about the whole dis-invite thing, too; one family coming to the BBQ on Tuesday basically said, "bring it on, our kids have had EVERYTHING :)", but another couple are visiting a branch of their family later in the week that they've never met before, including some small children, and are feeling a little paranoid.  I purposely pulled us out of a second party on Wednesday, because I realized that I'm not sure I've ever had it, and I could be incubating right now and not know it.  What I do know for sure is that there'll be a 3-month old at the party on Weds, and I'd never forgive myself if I got a tiny baby sick.

I am not, however, staying in the house.  N. isn't contagious anymore, and as a (mostly responsible) adult, I can keep myself from sneezing on people, so walking through the neighborhood to keep my sanity is a must. Then cleaning, knitting, cleaning, and waiting for my grocery delivery for the rest of the day.

No comments: