Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Freedom! (tomorrow)

:)  Hubby stayed home today, with the exception of a quick jaunt to the lab to start up some cultures, and we are celebrating the 4th in our own quiet way - the boys are outside playing in the backyard, and I'm straightening up the fridge.

I've decided that N. is going back to preschool tomorrow, hence my upcoming freedom.  He's still feeling great, his blisters are fading, and he's starting to strut around here like the king of England, demanding this and that whenever it strikes his fancy.  I can see it sailing downhill, so back to the routine it is.  I'm hoping to even be bad tomorrow and sneak to the cinema to catch a flick over lunchtime, but I'm stuck between a documentary on autism and OCD and (ahem) Magic Mike.  I had a friend see the latter, and she complained that there was too much profanity within the first few minutes that it turned her off; I figure, a movie about male strippers that's (of course) rated R - you expect a little potty language.  Rotten Tomatoes has it hovering somewhere around 73% fresh, and I think after a few days cooped up in here, I deserve a little fun ;-)  In any event, I will go somewhere that has a cold drink and AC and take my knitting.

No pics for WiP Weds this week - the laptop was in the shop because of an unfortunate milk-spill, and I haven't downloaded the card since I got it back.  I've been working a little on my second stripe study, and finished a test-crochet (hopefully will have that one up on Friday)...

No comments: