Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sorry for the radio silence

There's not much exciting going on, but we're dealing with some family stuff that's not so nice.  I lost one of my great uncles two days ago, someone who was very very dear to me.  He would've been 91 in September, and left behind his wife of nearly 67 years.  My heart is broken, but I have no time to recover, because another family member has been losing his battle with heart disease by inches, and my mother flew across the country to be with him for a few days.  Her choice to go now rather than later is one I'm not sure I could make, but it was the right one.  What kills me is that I can't go to be with either side of the family right now, so I'm going to ground.

I don't like to be too much of a downer blogger, so I will continue to prepare for the amazingness that is my brother's wedding, and all the handmade/homemade things that I'll be contributing, document it as best I can, and pop in every once in a while. 

No comments: