Friday, May 18, 2012

FO Friday!

I need to get back to my buttercream, because this cake is nearly finished, but I have to post about my FO this week:




Pattern: Madli's shawl, from Knitted Lace of Estonia
Needle: US4 knitpicks interchangeable circular
Date Started: July 13, 2011
Date Finished: May 11, 2012
Active knitting time: 40 hours
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Silk Thread 2, colorway Rook-y
Mods: two extra reps in width, completed the chart an extra three times to use up all my yarn.

I'm thrilled with the result.  Notes if you're going to attempt this in this/similar yarn:

  1. cast on double with a LARGE needle
  2. give yourself a couple of HOURS to get the grafting row tension right ;-)
  3. blocking wires are your friend

And now I have to get back to that wedding cake (and photograph it when it's done!)

As always, check out Tami's Amis for more amazing FOs :-)

2 comments:

Stacey (FreshStitches) said...

It is BREATHTAKING!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Absolutely stunningly gorgeous! Well done.
Good tips too!

Now did someone say cake? ...