Friday, May 25, 2012

FO Friday

Here it is... with all it's flaws, the first non-fondant buttercream four tiered wedding cake... and it's after the break because J & J want to be surprised when theirs comes :-)  J: If you're reading and you don't want to know, DON'T CLICK.  Everyone else: if you click, keep it to yourself, or I will cut you. ;-) (but seriously, don't give anything away)
This way for cake ---->

Yes, there's a tier that's too tall, and the buttercream isn't perfectly smooth.  I'm not a professional, and don't ever want to be.  But I am proud of my little cake, done in my tiny apartment oven singlehandedly over 4 days.  And it tasted amazing, which is the best part :-)










The best part? There wasn't a single piece thrown out.

As always, check out Tami's Amis for more amazing FOs :-)



3 comments:

geeky Heather said...

Excellent...that means it tasted as good as it looked. =) And what's the point of a pretty cake if it tastes terrible?? Congrats.

Kaye said...

Delish! I think it looks pretty darn pro!

Stacey (FreshStitches) said...

You did such a fabulous job!