Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sorry for the radio silence

I'm home with a sick preschooler, hopefully on the mend. The trip to my MIL's is still tentatively on, contingent on this GI bug leaving our house. I'm halfway packed, just in case. Luckily for me, N. is in good spirits, and is happy to sip juice and live in his blanket fortress while I get organized. At one point today he asked me to sit with him while he rested on the futon, and when I sat down, he said, "Momma, take out your yarn, you have to do your yarn!" I picked up a 2x2 ribbed scarf that's been stagnating, and he happily fed me yarn out of the center-pull for about 20 minutes, so I can't complain :)

We did manage to get out for a quick walk today - down the street to the H&R Block... every year I dread it, but this year was the best yet. Because of my lack of employment, we're getting slightly more from the feds, and have to pay significantly less to the state (in the order of $40!). That refund will go straight into the daycare account, meaning we're taken care of until Hubby's contract ends.

Radio silence will likely continue if we make it on our trip... if so, have a good weekend, and I'll be back in a week!

No comments: