Monday, April 30, 2012

First post back from trips and birthdays and I get slammed with new Blogger software?

What the spork?

I think this is supposed to be more intuitive, but my brain is fried and it's just wrong.  Have I ever mentioned how much I despise change?

;)

Let's see... I have about 30 minutes before a lab meeting that I can't miss, so let's try to update as efficiently as possible, perhaps with some photos:

With Memere (and Momma in the back on the phone)

Memere had bought us some of the real, high grade maple syrup from Quebec... so good it needs a spoon!

And yes, it snowed over Easter... a lot.

So much we made a snowman! 
Memere used to do oil paintings and watercolors, and gave an art lesson

And this is what a kid on maple syrup looks like :)

Grammie came to visit for N.'s birthday - this is her uncle and Godfather, a wonderful man and musician and we're thrilled he lives close enough to visit!

Not so sure about the party hat

Birthday crown is just fine, though.

A new hat!!

And that just about covers it... Mom and I had a visit to my LYS, but there was only one; last year, I swear we were there every day.  I'm not sure how the week got away from us so quickly this year, but now that I think about it she was here nine days instead of twelve, and the first day was cut short - she missed her last flight because of a delay in one of her earlier connections, and didn't show up until 7PM.  The good thing is, we'll be heading up to see them for Little Bro's wedding in 6 weeks.

Of course, between now and then I have another wedding cake to make, and I'm so excited.  K. and I are shopping for ingredients this weekend, and I'll try my best to photo-doc the entire process.  I'm also taking a trip into the city with S. (my first time in NYC!!), and trying desperately to finish the silk lace stole that's been hanging around for an embarrassing amount of time.  Add on a couple of pattern testing projects (though small) and I'm busier than I've been in a while until at least the end of June.

I also need to blog more... it keeps me on my toes :)

The clock now tells me it's time to pack up and get to lab meeting... rumour has it there will be pizza, so it won't do to be late!!

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Oh man, he's so big!!! Where does the time go!

Looks like a fun time!

Turn a few degrees west and wave to me when you're in NYC--lol!