Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WiP Wednesday

Two things to report today, only one of which has been photographed...

Yesterday I cast on my second Stripe Study... For this one I'm using a skein of black ultra alpaca light I'd bought a couple of years ago along with a burgundy/red/pink skein of Kauni. First wedge done, 12 or 13 more to go.

I also did a small 'tasting' cake for the wedding coming up in May... I'm using a new recipe that I wanted to modify, so I needed to do a test run, and wanted to make it pretty :) I put together what would be the smallest (6") tier:

Lemon pound cake with buttercream
(and secret raspberry filling that you can't see until it's cut)


(Pardon my crappy photography skills;
the weather today was weird, I needed a flash,
and I wanted to walk it to K.'s house while she was still home)

Hopefully I'll get a photo of my next stripe study soon... I don't think I'll have it finished right away, but it's still my favourite go-to TV knitting.

As always, check out Tami's Amis for more awesome WiPs :)

ETA: what is it with Blogger and fonts these days? I can't seem to get anything right.

ETA2: K. and I sampled. She snapped a pic. It was delicious.


1 comment:

Stacey (FreshStitches) said...

A second one? I told you they were addictive!

Cake looks fab!