Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday bitlets

I swear, I would pay money to take a good class in coming up with clever blog titles ;) It makes me wonder how I did so well in creative writing in highschool... I must've been able to fool a lot of people.

I'm on campus today because we have our bi-annual parent-teacher meeting with N.'s teachers... which is separate from any specific meetings on behaviour. This one is the update on development, going over the checklists that the accredited centers use. Sometimes it seems a little silly, but other times it's nice to have the reassurance that he's doing well. I'm notorious for comparing him with others, even though I know that all kids develop at different rates, and they're all completely normal... but N. is shy, and sometimes it makes me wonder when I get stories of my precocious, very vocal niece :-) It also makes me remember when my parents would go to these meetings, typically in the weeks after report cards were issued. Practically all the teachers would wonder why they were there, since my brother and I were both doing so well; they were used to seeing the troubled kids' parents. Luckily for me, we're not dealing with algebra and trig grades, or a disruptive teenager, but it's always heartwarming to hear, "N. is the sweetest, most pleasant and loving child we have" even when he's refusing to nap :-P

I'm hoping to get some knitting done this afternoon, too. Yesterday was baking, frosting, cleaning, and not a lot of anything else. Tomorrow I will head into full-on plan-and-pack for next week's trip, because I won't have time to do it later on - a labmate is defending her thesis next Thursday, and we're going to her party afterward... and I'm baking cookies and squares for her as a congratulatory gift. Which means Wednesday is baking, Thursday is tidying up the house and setting up the light timers, and going to the party. Friday is a travel day. Oh, and Tuesday? Meeting with the accountant. That's my least favourite day of the year, and I'm just not going to think about it until Monday night.

Someday I'll be less scattered. I don't know when, but someday it'll happen.

No comments: