Friday, February 10, 2012

above water again

After N. was sick (and out of daycare for a week) and I got the same thing, I'm finally coming out the other side. Luckily for me, I've managed to get lots more knitting done in the meantime. I started a new project that I can hopefully talk about next Wednesday, but for today I'll just show you the BSJs that finally got finished and put in the mail to the now three-week-old twins.


Rough stats:

Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Started December 2011
Finished Jan 26 2012 (babies born Jan 21, at 5lb each)
BMFA Socks that Rock mediumweight
US8 circulars
Mods: yarn, larger needle, i-cord bindoff (obsessed!), paid attention picking up stitches on the 10-ridge piece towards the end to make sure the right side was flat and the blips were on the inside, three buttonholes instead of five.

I chose to use two different shaped pink buttons rather than pink on one and yellow on the other, because the yellow was too stark. I always use grosgrain to back the buttons, ensuring that they're on solidly (using a small backing button never works for me).

I think these should show up to the babies' auntie's house shortly - I never wrap gifts because they always get opened at customs (boo) so I sent along gift bags and flowery sparkly tissue paper (yay) so that my friend's sister could make them presentable :) If I get a photo of the babies wearing them, I'll send them along.

Hopefully I'll get back on track, but for now, to see other people being super productive, head to Tami's Amis for more amazing projects!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Glad you're feeling better now, and hope all in the family stay that way. The sweaters turned out great!

Karen said...

The sweaters are beautiful!
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.