Pictures to come soon, because I'm just not that organized yet... last night I sat down and got the majority of a nap blanket completed for N. The Cars flannel and fleece arrived weeks ago, and I figured if I wanted it done for Christmas I had to get off my butt.
A couple of things that I changed this time around:
1. instead of using commercial double-fold quilt binding, I used satin blanket binding. I couldn't find double-fold in black when I ordered, and the single-fold wide bias tape doesn't work.
2. low-loft batting... should be easier to sew up (that's what I have left to do)
3. I sewed the blanket binding on using a decorative stitch on my new machine... not sure what it's called, but it looks like prairie points. It's a bit tricky to get even without practice, but I didn't do too bad.
I'm hoping I can get it done tonight, along with baking some cookies ;) Photos to come when I get it done and can get decent light when N. is not around.