Thursday, December 1, 2011

Head above water, briefly.

I'm still alive. Had a few weeks of zero crafting and 100% stress, but it's all come down to two facts at the moment:

1. I am now a permanent resident of these here unitificated states! YAY! A wholly stress-filled process, not inexpensive, very very much a pain in the butt, but it's complete. And it means I am now free to travel.

Which brings me to my second point:

2. WE'RE GOING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!

Sorry to shout, but I haven't been home in a year and a half, my niece is growing up without me, and I need to see my grandmother. We haven't spent Christmas with any relatives in a few years, and even though I typically like the whole not-travelling part, I miss the madness that is my family.

The catch:

I now have 2.5 weeks to plan, pack, teach my thrummed mitten class at Knit, get gifts made for N's teachers and everyone else around here, keep working at the volunteer position I picked up a couple of months ago (in a lab, hopefully leading to something else), then treck up north. It's going to be hell.

And I can't wait.

3 comments:

Kaye said...

Oh congrats!!! This New Years will mark our 11th year of not having been home--boo!

Stacey (FreshStitches) said...

YAAAYYY!

Silver Strands said...

Just found you through Chocolate on my Cranium ... cute blog - and how wonderful to be going home for the holidays!