Friday, October 14, 2011

Quick FO Friday

Quick FO friday for you: the completed Freia hat :)



Thank you for all of your comments!! I'm behind on responding because I've started volunteering in a lab full time while waiting for all kinds of paperwork and grants and things to potentially come through. I LOVE being busy, but it also puts a serious cramp into knitting and blogging :)

The verdict on the hat? Love it, but had to fudge. I had to leave out two rows of stockinette on the last section after the final braid to have enough yarn. It doesn't make much difference in the fit, but for someone like me with a huge head, it's important to be able to make the largest size as written. I'd definitely make it again, though.

Head to Tami's Amis for more FOs :)

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I saw it in the shop, and it looks great!
Good luck on the job :)

pinkundine said...

Wow, quick knit ;)

Love it, love the colours, so cool :)

Amy said...

Looks great...I love the yarn, truly truly.

Marushka C. said...

Very nice! Great colors and a fun style, too.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Cute! Fingers crossed for the grants and in the meantime enjoy the time spent at the lab!

Kathleen said...

That is an awesome hat, it's so eccentric and magical looking, like something that should have been used as a costume piece in one of the Harry Potter movies.