Thursday, October 20, 2011

Poking above water

sorry for the lack of WiPs and FOs and all lately... we've been dealing with lots of crap... not the least of which is an issue with the new 2nd floor tenants; or rather, they have an issue with us. Long and complicated story, but it's culminating in me going to pick out new carpet with the landlord this afternoon. Did I ever mention that I love our landlords?

I've been working on a few projects here and there, but am thoroughly enjoying being back in the lab full time, especially because it's a full house (and I like everyone) instead of me working by myself in a room with no windows, like my last job. Sure, it's only volunteer for now, but I feel at home, and that's what counts.

We've also determined that we're not taking a trip up north this fall, which means settling in for holiday prep. My dad is coming down this weekend, and staying for a couple of weeks hopefully, and that should break up the long stretch of not seeing anyone. I miss them all terribly, but I can be grateful for not having to travel right around Christmas. There's always skype, after all :)

OK... off I go to Lowes or Home Depot... picking out carpet... whee!

No comments: