Friday, October 7, 2011

FO Friday

Just one thing to show you this week, because that's all I managed to get photographed:


The roll-up nap blanket for my niece :)

This was tremendously easy, all straight seams. The only hitch was convincing my machine to sew through three layers of high-loft batting... that took some encouraging. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was big enough - the finished size of the pad is 20"x50", and the blanket is approx 36"x38".

It has kid-approval: N. obliged for a photo, but when I told him I was putting it away to send to his cousin, he was heartbroken; not the 'I'm annoyed because you took my toy away' kind of upset, but the "But I truly love this thing with all my 3 year old heart" kind of upset. It was rather cute, enough that I ordered some Cars flannel and matching red fleece to make him one of his own for Christmas :)

As always, check out Tami's Amis for more FO's :)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely blanket! I'm sure it will be well loved.

erin said...

that's such a great present to give a little kid!

pinkundine said...

Great blanket (and I like the sound of all straight seams!)

Good plan to make a Cars one, bet that'll be really cute :)

Kathleen said...

I love the photo, and I'm glad that the blanket is already so well-loved (even if not by its actual recipient just yet...)