Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WiP Wednesday

Ok, so thanks to Stacey and her functioning camera, I've got a photo of my silk shawl-in-progress:

unblocked, of course, and the color isn't quite right, but it's close.

It's coming along nicely, I have nearly 11 of 31 reps done, plus the edgings are complete... I'm just knitting til I'm out of yarn, no real calculating involved, because I don't have to save yardage for a bind-off.

I also succumbed to internal pressure and cast on for the Charlotte's web, although there are no pics yet. I like a nice, basic triangle and this should be really entertaining when it comes time to shift the colorways.

Thanks to Tami's Amis for hosting this theme, and Stacey for inspiring me to get involved :)

13 comments:

Hege said...

Gorgeous colour! Looking forward to see it done :)

pinkundine said...

Ooooh, very pretty :) Love the colour

JayNic Knit Knacks said...

it looks really exciting. good luck with it.

Calophi said...

I agree with the others - loving the colorway you used on this shawl!

Stacey said...

Yay, functioning camera! Although, I'll have to tell you the story about how it almost became a non-functioning camera while in the Bermuda Triangle... do, do, do, do...

SimonSimple said...

This will looks so fab when its done. Being an echo. but I love the colour.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful color. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

geeky Heather said...

YUM, that is going to be gorgeous!!

Karen said...

Your shawl is lovely. The color is so pretty.

paula said...

Beautiful yarn on your shawl! I feel your pain on the functioning camera. I think it might be time to make a new purchase...

RugbyMad said...

Stunning, well done, in my mind that's a third of the way finished.

Lovely colour, lovely pattern.

Kathleen said...

The texture and colour of that shawl are just amazing.

Denise said...

Love the color of your shawl.