Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tired Saturday

While I like the fact that doing WiP Weds and FO Fri keeps me posting on a regular basis, it's somewhat like NaBloPoMo - sometimes I think I'm posting just for the sake of posting.

Although today I'm posting just for the sake of posting because the boys are at the corner market and I have a few minutes to myself after a busy day. I managed to do three loads of laundry, met and spent some time with our new neighbors who have an adorable baby (and are leaving on a four month sabbatical and we won't see them until December), go to the farmers market and get fruit and veg for a few more days, bake up some chicken for the week, and get the child to 'rest' without actually sleeping for an hour so Hubby could get some work done.

I didn't get any knitting done today, but I got six rows of silk in yesterday morning and some felt crafting yesterday evening. I'm hoping to do some more tonight, since no actual nap means early bedtime. I'm loving the felt crafts partly because felt is so forgiving, and partly because I have many Christmas kits that I'm plugging away at. The original tree skirt kit from months ago is moving slowly because it's so large that it requires the entire kitchen table; it's not worth taking it out unless I have a huge chunk of time to spend, but it's moving slowly forward. I started the matching stockings because they're only 18" and I can easily park on a corner of the table while Hubby does data analysis.

The camera and I are slowly getting to know one another, too. I didn't have much time yesterday because Hubby had to take a crash course in order to photograph some of his experiments, but I'm guessing Monday will see me running around outside and in, figuring stuff out. So far, I like that the low-light capture is better, it's about 1/3 the weight, and much more streamlined.

And now off I go to fix dinner while the boys come back with milk, eggs, and possibly some form of cheese :)

No comments: