Friday, August 26, 2011

No finished objects this week...

... I've been finishing up hurricane prep instead... we have water, food, batteries, etc. I'm hoping that it's just a big lot of hot air, but hurricanes aren't common where I'm from so I'm never sure how serious to take it. We had one freak hurricane back in '03 or '04 when I was in grad school, and we were without power for days and days. At the time, I had a gas grill and a whole lot of good stuff in my freezer that needed to be cooked, so it was a blast as a college student. We ate like kings, drank up all the beer a bunch of us had between us, and did no experiments because we had no power. Now, I have no grill, a 3 1/2 year old, plus no car to high-tail it out. Not as much fun.

If you're on the East Coast, stay safe, stay dry, and assuming we lose power, check back when it's restored.

1 comment:

Kaye said...

I was just thinking about how fun a hurricane would be if I was younger! LOL!