Friday, August 5, 2011

FO Friday

Lots to show this week...

This is N.'s little crocheted monster, from a freshstitches pattern :-) I also made the project bag in the background last Thursday.

I also managed to get these in the mail to my Goddaughter:


I used eco-craft felt (recycled! pretty! lots of color choices!) and three colors of the Valdani embroidery thread I ordered a few weeks ago from Purl Soho. At first I thought that thread was going to be just a fun indulgent purchase, but it turns out that, yard for yard, it's approx. the same price as DMC floss. It's two-ply, non-splittable, fairly hearty (I think it's size 12, it's definitely a little finer that size 10 crochet cotton), and really great to work with. You have to invest in a lot of yardage per color (instead of DMC's 8yd put up) but I'll definitely think about more in the future.

I did six rows on the silk shawl today; I've been typically getting a whole 12-row repeat done per session lately, but today between the weather and the allergy meds I had to take, I'm pretty zonked. Maybe more tonight...

2 comments:

Kaye said...

Hee! Love the little monster and that colorful hair bouquet!

Stacey said...

Yay, FOs!
Love the hair clips!