Friday, July 29, 2011

Pictureless post

It's friday again, and my friend Stacey has been encouraging me to do FO Fridays (along with WiP Wednesdays), both of which originate on Tami's Ami's ... but I'm cameraless and finding it very sad.

But, ever the optimist, I have a plan. Once we're back from this weekend (short road trip to NH for a family birthday), I'm going to get my butt onto Amazon and Overstock and track down a nice, affordable point-and-shoot. Until then, I'm going to describe everything :-)

I crocheted two mini-amigurumi monsters this week, from the newly released Rainbow Amigurumi e-book (you can also get the individual pattern here). The first one is for a family birthday party (a little girl who's turning 1), and is pink and purple. N. saw it and decided he wanted one in red, thankyouverymuch, so the second one was born. Super easy, super cute result.

I'm also working on a stole from the BMFA Silk Thread I mentioned a post or two ago. I decided on a pattern from Knitted Lace of Estonia, and while it's not a FO yet, I've managed to get both edgings and four full repeats done. I'm enjoying it, but it's a little hard on the eyes because the thread is both fine and dark. If you search on Blue Moon's site for the Raven series, you'll get an idea of the colors - very saturated black-plus-color. Gorgeous, but very dark.

And finally, yesterday Stacey wanted to have a bit of a sewing bee, so we got together and after a little over an hour's worth of work, we'd each sewn a box-bag, complete with lining. It was quite the enjoyable afternoon, and nice to have company while I sew (which doesn't happen often).

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Yay, FO Friday!!! Who said peer pressure wasn't healthy :)

Have a great weekend!