Saturday, May 7, 2011

I do knit... and crochet...

Dude. I-cord bind-off... it's the shizzle.

A BSJ from last year, and one just finished this year for a baby of as-yet-unknown gender... the blue/green one to be mailed and the pink/yellow one to be held onto, since I have yet another friend who hasn't found out the gender yet, and she'll get it if it's a girl...

I've also started another as an instructional piece - one of N.'s teachers who's in my knitting class was desperate for a project that wasn't just a plain scarf. I knew she was up for some beginning shaping, so we're doing the BSJ together. She lets me know before each class what row she's on, and I knit to that point. That way, she can stop before shaping that confuses her, and we work through it together.


Moby la petite baleine, aka William the Whale

This was a pattern testing crochet project for my friend Stacey at Freshstitches. Totally love that he has shaped tail flukes :D Her toys are very do-able, and not a huge time committment for some very cute results...

~~~~~~~

We had an early Mom's Day brunch today, because church tomorrow will preclude going out to eat... and I have some lovely pink tulips that may bloom in another 24 hours. Combine that with a preschooler who, while he refuses to nap at home, is napping and going to bed at night with minimal fuss these days. I'm quite surprised he's quiet right now, but I'm not going to complain. I think I'll clean up, and get stuff ready for him to do an art project later tonight; they're on a tissue paper art kick at daycare, and I have some stashed away. Nothing says 'fun Saturday night' like arts and crafts with your rambunctious 3-year-old ;-)

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Happy Mothers' Day!!
CUTE whale!