Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blech.

It's been an interesting day so far... after being sick for a good part of the week, N. is pretty much completely recovered with the exception of a runny nose. The problem is that he remembers what it was like being sick. You spend all your effort making sure they're as comfortable as possible, and once they get better they wonder why you're not expending all your effort making sure they're as comfortable as possible. He spent the morning with a raging case of entitlement, combined with a dash of 'I'mgonnathrowwhateverIcangetmyhandson"itis.

He napped well, although a little late, so now I'm dealing with a tiny little voice on the monitor, at nearly 10pm, barking out, "Momma I need {this}" and "Momma I want {that}". Kids... can't live with 'em, can't sell 'em on Ebay.

;-)

I'm still sick as a dog, but at least it's not the coughing kind of sick. Complete ball of pressure instead of a brain, faucet for a nose, aches and pains, etc. I did drag myself out for our walk today because there were two things at the end that I wanted: pizza, and yarn. Hubby and I hadn't gone for pizza in probably over a year, and we skipped our valentines lunch on Monday because I had a migraine (a harbinger of doom), so we decided to go today, and it was delicious. After that, I had some choices to make at my lys: Mission Falls is going out of business (boo!) which means it's on liquidation everywhere (yay!), so I got enough put on hold for me and my mother to pick up when she visits in April. I'm kind of keen to start the project that I have lined up for my share, but since I have enough to work on in the meantime *cough*, I'll try to wait. I still think I'll get some Malabrigo for the Kalmia, but that'll have to come later on.

And now the latest request shouted over the monitor is "Momma! I need a HUG!"... so I should probably oblige. That one can never be refused ;-)

No comments: