Monday, January 3, 2011

A vacation of excess...


PC310014
Originally uploaded by Dr. Ellen
N. normally turns his nose up at anything unfamiliar we plop onto the dinner table, whether it's brussels sprouts or ice cream... he made an exception for the chocolate pudding, though, and it was a hit. He got it EVERYWHERE.

I'm back at work, after having baked too much, reorganized too much, worked too much, and kvetched too much, over an entirely too short vacation.

I did, however, bring my lunch rather than buy it, drink water instead of soda, get up at a half-decent hour rather than sleeping like I wanted to, and I haven't had caffeinated coffee since mid-november (I think), and didn't have decaf today either.

I've never been one to make new year's resolutions, and I sure as heck won't be starting now, but I do like to have a little re-set. I won't, however, stop baking, because I got a binder stuffed full of all our family recipes (hundreds!) and they deserve to be test-run in my kitchen ;-)

(Oh, and I hope my vacation-scrambled brain gets back to normal, so I can start making sense and expressing a coherent set of thoughts).

No comments: