Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tired.

I finally got up the courage to let everyone else know about the job situation... I spent the day bracing myself, but everyone was so supportive that it was a little anticlimactic ;-)

Winding up like that is exhausting, though. I worried about it all day, threw myself into labwork that's only going to be going for another four days, and went home to a hyper (but happy) toddler. He was particularly adorable yesterday, which was really nice, but by the time he wound himself into bed I was too tired to knit, sew, pack lunches, etc. I collapsed into bed, then slept through the alarm. This morning was rushed, but OK.

I'm still calm about the whole thing, but I feel like I've gone into shutdown mode. Some of the big things are taken care of (insurance switch, for example), but I'm not sure what to do next. I have to keep reminding myself that I'll have to come in next month a bit to clean up the lab notebooks, which is going to be hell, but beyond that I'm not sure. I haven't been able to find any more leads on positions, but who knows what'll pop up.

*sigh* Maybe I just need to sleep for a few days.

No comments: