Monday, December 20, 2010

Waiting for Christmas


PC250048
Originally uploaded by Dr. Ellen
This was N. last year, waiting for Christmas morning to begin.

I feel a bit like this these days - not wired, but not sleeping. Just hanging out waiting for things to begin. I still have a handful of presents to wrap, and tonight I have to bust out top gear to get cookies made for N.'s teachers, but other than that I'm considering the rest of it all finished. I don't have the energy for much more, truthfully.

Yesterday was supposed to be the day I got all of that done, but I sat down to get started, and broke my sheepie mug (a pic is two or three posts down), and just gave up. I was drinking a cup of decaf coffee, the first cup of coffee brewed in our house in over two weeks, and slam! down it fell. I think I can glue the handle back on, but I feel really stupid. That'll teach me to spend crazy money on a mug (but I love it, I do). The rest of the day was so sleepy; we had gotten to church in the morning, but the afternoon was a bust. I still have laundry to fold :-( I'm debating going back on coffee, but it's been 4 weeks since I started cutting down, and two weeks completely caffeine-free, and I don't want to be the one to fold ;-)

Fiberwise, I'm partway through some mittens from a kit that I'm not loving, and I'm starting more shortly. I also have a secret project that's about 0.5% done, and will take me a lifetime, but so far, so good. Now that I think about it, maybe that's why I've been so flightly the past few days - I haven't worked on anything since Thursday or Friday.

In any case, I'll end the rambling for now. I have to see what I can get done here, and maybe get N. a little early so we can start cookie baking ahead of schedule.

No comments: