Thursday, November 18, 2010

I have to remember that not everyone cares about knitting...

I was by myself for most of lunch today, Hubs was at a lab function, and Miss L. is home sick.

As I was finishing a nupp row on my latest Swallowtail, two women showed up with big containers of soup and asked if they could share my table:

"We don't want to interrupt, but is it OK if we sit here?"

Me: *big smile* "Please, go ahead, I'm leaving in a few minutes anyway."

"Oh, we wouldn't want to get soup on your BLANKIE." (emphasis HERS, loaded with contempt and sarcasm)

Me: *thinks* It. Is. Not. A. Blankie.

Me: "Heh heh." *looks back down to knitting.

ETA: I have nothing against blankies. I love them. N. has several wonderful ones. I more took issue with her mean, dismissive attitude :P

No comments: