Saturday, October 2, 2010

A quiet day...

So, Hubby is still off on his departmental retreat, which is a big waste of time, imho; they used to do it over three days somewhere fun like Woods Hole, but are cramming it into one day in a university facility that's far enough away to be inconvenient, but near enough that it's not an overnight thing.

He was picked up very early, and on his way out he ran into Dad, Little Bro, and J.R., who were on their way down to DC for some touristy stuff and realized we were 2.5 minutes off the I95. We got to say hi while N. slept, and everyone took off and I settled in for our Mommy & Me day.

After watching 20 minutes of Cars (normally verboten in the morning), we packed up and walked to the museum... which is free for university staff, but turned out to be free for everyone today for a really great latina festival - it was PACKED. Poor N. was overwhelmed by the pepople and the music, so we tried to find quiet corners to look at stuff, then gave up; he stopped having fun, so we made our way out. A trip to the museum store for some dinosaur erasers, and off we went for lunch.

There's a really great diner locally that makes the best greek salad, and N. loves their chicken fingers, so we settled in for a bite; N. even sat in the booth with me instead of his usual high-chair, and loved it. It was pretty busy there too, but food is a great motivator ;-) On the way home we stopped into the LYS (but didn't buy anything!).

Once we were home, nobody but me wanted to nap, but I stuck with it, and he's been sleeping for 2 hours. I managed to get the bathroom cleaned, talk to my brother (who made it to DC), and got some crochet done. I'm taking only knitting with me to Rhinebeck, and simple, no-pattern-needed knitting at that. Which means, until then, I'm going to plug away at the more complicated crochet that I want to get done for Christmas.

I'm thinking now that I should've taken the opportunity to nap, but it was nice to putter in a completely quiet house. I think N. will be awake shortly from the sounds on the baby monitor, so I'm getting ready for a simple mac n cheese dinner (with fruit for dessert), and maybe a little more Cars :-)

No comments: