Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Busy busy busy

More radio silence... I guess it's just been busy.

We had a great (but way too short) visit with my Dad and brother and brother's girlfriend... which included some shopping, some fun, and then they made a quick getaway at dinner last Thursday evening. It's great to see N. get so excited when they visit, but on the flip side, he now knows (and doesn't like it) when they leave. Fortunately my mother is coming next weekend for a 9-day stay, and we don't have to waste (?) time shopping or driving around... it'll be easy-going and relaxed, I hope.

I'm also off to Rhinebeck on Friday, and am freaking out. I don't know what to bring to work on - I should try and knock out the hats for N. and my brother, but I want to work on something fun... but not too complicated, so I can walk and browse and observe while I'm doing it. Which pretty much means those hats, or else some crochet scarves. I'm mostly packed, but realized that the daycare potluck is tomorrow (my fault, since I've been ignoring emails), so tonight will be packing, yarn winding, hook finding, cookie baking, etc.

I managed to finish another doily, which I'll hopefully block before I leave, too. I'm trying not to think too much about it - it's the first time I'll be leaving N. overnight - I'm hoping he and Hubby have some fun at the museum.

The job situation is the same as always - waiting until last minute for a renewal... the crazy admin offices that were giving us trouble last time have begrudgingly agreed to approve another one should the funding come through, but somehow refuse to consider any future renewals. Which I think is BS, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. If I can remain employed until Christmas, it's gravy.

Signing off now, likely until post-Rhinebeck. If you see me, say Hi :-) With glasses and no make-up, this is what I'll look like (minus the kiddo) this weekend:

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Have fun at Rhinebeck!!