Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Monday

I wish I had fun things to talk about... but it's more of a neutral day, after a neutral weekend.

N. was frigging awesome on Saturday, perfect behaviour, ate everything (including fruit), napped well, etc. Then on Sunday the pod people snatched him and left me with a demon. No nap, no cooperative eating, nothing. I'm calling it a wash.

I'm also starting to freak out about the job situation... I got a forward which included a whackload of emails about my contract extensions... it turns out that the admins in three unrelated offices have decided that they won't renew me anymore even if there's funding, for some arbitrary reason. Which means I'm most definitely unemployed by the end of next month, unless I go crazy on their asses and point out that they can't change the rules after I've been doing this crap this way for three years.

And, I finished a hat. A sockhead hat, and it looks like ass. I made it 8 stitches bigger, and used slightly bigger needles, because I have a huge head, and it's still tight. it's too floppy to be a touque, and too tight to be a floppy hat. The yarn is super pretty, and I even made pompoms, but I don't like the look of it. I haven't decided if I'll rip it, or put it in the gift pile, because while I look good in proper hats (with brims, bucket hats, etc etc), stocking caps, touques, and their illegitimate children all look like hell.

So I'm going to continue on Hubby's scarf, make a hat for N., and figure out what fun thing I want to make for myself next. I need to have something colorful and pretty going, otherwise I get depressed ;-)

More pics later, hopefully; the camera battery is misbehaving again, and I can't for the life of me find a place to buy a replacement (it's too old).

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Oh ugh to the job situation. Fingers crossed they get their heads out of their butts soon!