Monday, September 13, 2010

Good/Bad

Good:
I am employed for at least another 7 weeks.
Bad:
The ID center didn't get the memo, and erased me from the system, so I can't get into any buildings, including daycare.

Good:
N. woke up happy and cooperative and polite.
Bad:
He very politely requested cookies for breakfast, and couldn't understand why I wouldn't pony up when he did everything right (sat down, asked nicely, said please).

Good:
I've gotten a full day's worth of experiments done.
Bad:
Nobody is paying me to be here today, and it's raining, so it's not worth it to go home before the busses start running.

Good:
I bought my Rhinebeck tickets, and I can afford to a) stay at the campground and b) buy a little bit of something.
Bad:
I have only a month to get a high enough antihistamine titer to make the whole thing bearable, and it's never a guarantee.

Good:
Little Bro, Little Bro's girlfriend, and Grandpa are coming down for a visit at the end of the month.
Bad:
My mom was going to fly down at the end of October on miles, but the whole damn month is blacked out.

Good:
It's light scarf/shawlette weather.
Bad:
I still haven't finished Hubby's scarf, or N.'s hat/scarf, or Little Bro's hat.

Good:
I started a hat for myself out of very cheery rainbow-y yarn.
Bad:
Might never wear it in public ;-)

Good:
Had a productive cooking weekend, roasted a chicken, made a big pot of pasta sauce, and a chocolate loaf-cake.
Bad:
Nothing bad, because there's chocolate involved ;-)

No comments: