Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Crafting ADD


P8310005
Originally uploaded by Dr. Ellen
So. I'm sitting here at work, theoretically working while my bacterial cultures grow... and my baby is in the big kid room at daycare for the first full day... which sucks and is great all at the same time. He knew something was up when we brought him in and we didn't stop off at the "infant" room first, at which point he turned mountain goat and tried to climb to the very top of Hubby's head. We left after about 10 minutes, he wailed for about 2, and all was well.

Of course, a transition means teacher gifts for the ones we're leaving behind :-( I'm not fond of buying clutter that will just clog up their houses, and I often think about how teachers must dread the end of the year when they get a zillion apple/blackboard knick-knacks... so, I made them cards and baked cookies.

The cards are done with paper quilling, which I dabbled in a bit in high school and decided to take up again... because, say it with me now, I needed another craft to do. Not really, but I did it anyway. I'm enjoying it, and for some reason, I don't like to knit much in the evenings right now. This seems a nice option - I can do a couple of cards quickly in an evening. I'm hoping to do some for Christmas, but we all know how well I do with deadline crafting...

Time to check on those cultures... and drink some coffee... and think about my big boy all grown up!

No comments: