- N. now sleeps very well in the big boy bed. He's a handful most evenings, but he eventually climbs in and is still sleeping in until 7:30am on average.
- I am employed until the end of October. Then we hop back on the merry-go-round again.
- My dad, little brother J., and little brother's girlfriend J.R. are hopefully taking a trip down this fall, followed by a visit from my mom!! N. loved his Uncle J. and J.R. on vacation, so we're looking forward to that a whole bunch.
- I priced flights for Christmas vacation. Even if we booked NOW (not smart given the job situation), it would cost $3700. We're staying here for Christmas.
- I did not knit much at all on my vacation, but I'm OK with that. I bought more crochet thread, and some patterns, from the LYS in my hometown. I love it there; The owner, A. hugs us even though we only get to visit once or twice a year, and asks about the kids. It's such a warm, supportive place.
- One of the moms in N.'s daycare gave me two HUGE balls of lilac bernat baby yarn, because someone heard she was knitting and gave them to her for Christmas 2 years ago (she never got beyond the garter stitch scarf). I'm making a crochet granny square blanket because what else do you do with 2lb of baby yarn?
- I got sucked in and bought yarn to make a hat and scarf for Hubby for Christmas, because he actually flipped through pattern books on his own when we visited our LYS here this past Saturday. He found a pattern he really liked, and I couldn't resist. He's been wearing the same (store-bought) scarf and hat for six years (for SHAME!), and we're making a break from blue/navy to go to shades of green. It's momentous for him.
- I have successfully made blueberry, apple, and rhubarb pies, and made two on vacation at the MIL's. It was for dessert at our big dinner at the family farmhouse with everyone, and they were a hit. I was worried because Hubby's aunt (the matriarch of that branch of the family) cooks for a living. She heartily approved ;-)
- I need to get off coffee. I'm still drinking anywhere from 40 to 60 oz a day, and maybe one cup of that is decaf.
- Hubby's lab is going out for lunch today, and I'm invited, because I'm now an honorary lab member. We're going for sushi. I'm disproportionately excited.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
random updates, list style
Brain is fried, as per usual, so here's what's been going on lately (in absolutely NO order whatsoever):