Monday, June 14, 2010

While waiting for my reagents to defrost, I taught myself this:

Jeny's Stretchy Slipknot Cast On

using this video as my final method (same result, looks different as you do it; youtube linkiness)

I cast on for Annis on Friday (363 st), and mis-calculated my tail length for the longtail cast on, leaving a small sheep's worth of wool dangling... and then I screwed up on the first row, had to rip out, and couldn't face doing longtail again.

This new cast on is fun because:
  • You don't need to estimate a tail length
  • Once you get it, it goes fast
  • The yarn doesn't gain huge amounts of twist (or untwist in my case) like what happens to me when I do longtail
(bullets are always good on a Monday; gets things going on an organized note).

I also finished the BSJ last week, bought two button options, shopped, went to a Gymboree birthday party, shopped some more, had a Big Mac (and I'm good for a WHILE now), stayed up too late, slept in on Sunday (til 8:50AM!!), and am working on my day off. woot.

And, it's time to go... defrostyreagentsnumnumnum ;-)

No comments: