Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What does it mean when...

... the captcha that showed up this morning for my feed reader said "Power Hellhole"?

The mind boggles...

Work has been super busy, and when I get home my laptop access is limited, hence the radio silence. I did cast on for another BSJ (ravelinky) mid-week (in STR Peek-a-boo Peony) and have made good progress. I'll repeat, however, what I said on Rav: I am NOT pregnant, and will eat raw eggs and drink five beers to prove it. I mean it. No, really, where's the Guiness? It makes a good breakfast.

Seriously, though, did you know the most common way to start a rumour is to knit with pink yarn? I keep getting the stink-eye from people I barely know; it's all about the sideways glances these days. The remaining 7lb of N.'s baby weight concentrated on my midsection isn't helping either *grumblegrumble*

My main purpose in knitting this one was to see if by using mediumweight (of which I have much in the way of stashness) and US8s I could get it to a noticeably larger size... the pattern says 5st/in will give a 12-month sweater, but I'm not yet convinced.

The color is yummy, though... I'm a sucker for pink... do... not... need... moar... baybeez.......

Moving on... *ahem*

I'm hoping to go home tonight to my parcel from Fabric.com, assuming UPS delivers it and doesn't require a signature (it's <$50, so I'm optimistic). I have to take my machine for a real test-drive, not just some scrap stitching...

And, since I'm hurting for photos, I grabbed this from flickr... the first pie I ever made, from a week or so ago. It looks like crap because the crust recipe was for an 8" plate and I think this one is 10"... I ran out of crust before I ran out of pan, and couldn't make pretty fluted edges. It's a basic apple pie, from my mom's recipe. Tasted better than it looked.

(It was delicious... almost as delicious as the second pie I ever made, which is sitting at home half-eaten.)

No comments: