Saturday, May 15, 2010

first day of dad's visit...

and I fell down three stairs and f#@ked up my !@#$!@ @#$!@#$ ankle. ice and ace bandages and elevation, because the health plan doesn't have radiology on the weekends and I can't afford to go to the ER to get films done if I have to pay up front.

Oh, Canadian health care system... I miss you so much.

(p.s. Dad has made friends with N., and they're both napping soundly at the moment after spending a great morning together. So, it's still worth all the trouble.)

(p.p.s. Dad is visiting this week because my Grammie has finally got her place in long term care and is settling in quite well. He deserves a vacation after being a full-time caregiver for months, don't you think?)

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Yeah school health care blows. But on the other hand better than nothing, which is what hub has now...yay.

Hope your ankle feels better and you can enjoy your dad's visit pain free!