Friday, April 30, 2010

The last day of 'vacation'

I've plugged my poor little laptop in, because Hubby has the good one at work... N. is napping, Nammie is napping, and I can't be bothered to do the dishes... it's the last day of her visit, and it's always the most depressing.

I need to find a way to write more here if I can... I always find it keeps me calmer and more centered, just like knitting or crocheting. Even with Mom's visit, I'm having a hard time of things with my grandmother and her alzheimers, and it's really leaving me feeling very unbalanced. I talked with my grammie on the phone last night for a few minutes, and she was sharp as a tack. But only for those few minutes. She's still sundowning each evening, and I don't think a day goes by where she's not upset to the point of tears. It's killing me. And I can't go back to help right now because of work (although I think I'd just be in the way). It sucks. It really sucks. But having her in the facility is the best thing for everyone concerned, so I'm trying my damndest to focus on the positive.

I haven't the computing power to upload pictures, but we have had a great week, absolutely nothing to complain about, and we've even done some knitting. I started a Calorimetry on Wednesday (and finished on Thursday!!), and Mom is a few inches into a new sweater for N. I have yet to take out my new sewing machine, though; perhaps that's what I should do while everyone else naps.

Maybe I just need to sit in the kitchen for a little bit. It's the sunniest room, and today it's finally warm and bright outside. I just need to absorb some of the sunny attitude, I guess. I'll be better soon, I'm sure. No more disconnected, rambly posts. Promise.

No comments: