Thursday, March 18, 2010

On the mend

So, that was a fun night... getting a couple hours of doze on the futon with towels and bowls everywhere... and then a day home from work... which was fortunately sunny so we could go walking and get fresh air.

There's nothing more sad and tiny and pitiful than a sick child. The poor thing was so hungry at 2am after being so sick that he literally begged us for milk. Which, of course, I wasn't willing to risk; he just kept asking, "Momma, milk. Pweeese? Momma, pweese?" It was so hard.

But, after another rough day yesterday, he woke up full of piss and vinegar this morning. Was giggling by the time we got to daycare, and smiling like his usual self. So, I'm hoping we're back to normal for a while.

Me, I've taken a fiber break for a few days. It tends to happen immediately after I cast off - I don't pick up anything for four or five days. I'm still trying to find the right pattern for a scarf for my brother, and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to crochet next. I picked up some new colors of size 10 thread on the weekend, along with tonnes of baking supplies in preparation for N.'s birthday next month, so there's no lack of things to work on. I do need to take some more pictures of the Shipwreck and get that tidied up.

I was also very bad, and ordered some BMFA the other day... I gifted one of my mw skeins to a close family member. I don't remember if I've mentioned it before - she's my dad's cousin, but more like his sister, and she knits and crochets and all that good stuff. She had never done socks until this summer, though, and asked *me* for help kitchenering the toe. I felt so proud to be able to teach her - a master! - and it was so much fun. She took the skein of STR and actually made her first pair for herself, and wanted a second and third one to play around with. Plus, Mom requested one, so I decided to just go for it. I'll get reimbursed for most of it, which is good, and I can have lots more to play around with... ironically to make everything *but* socks.

*Sigh* my PCR is running, and there's nothing left to do... perhaps I'll scatter and go to the cafe for a few minutes of reading or crochet before Hubby is finished and we can ride home with N.

No comments: