Saturday, January 2, 2010

will I ever plug my own computer in?

Well, I'm still a mac person, but I'll tell you, I'll stay pc as long as this is the faster laptop in the house... it's so nice not to worry about freezing firefox because I want to watch TV online ;-)

I still haven't taken any pics of my little fleece artist scarf, but I'm going to see if I can't filch a photo of the yarn skein...


my preciousssesssss

Ha! Grabbed them from my Flickr. So, yes, that's the lovely yarn... it's smooshy and soft and pettable and gorgeous. The skein covers every single autumn leaf color that I've ever seen at home, and also includes those grey branches after the leaves have fallen, and the moss that covers the tree trunks. Some of the reds are that gorgeous bright not-red-not-pink of maples, and there are a couple of greens to set them off. There's a small splash every so often of the bright golden-yellow-pink of a healthy birch, and it's like a little victory whenever I end up knitting it in a drop-stitch motif, because it expands the space the color occupies in the finished piece.

I brought it to the LYS the other day to show it off, and I'm sure they think I'm nuts ;-) Either that, or they think I'm trying to strong-arm them into stocking fleece artist... which, while it would be nice, is a HUGE committment in terms of initial orders that I wouldn't foust on anyone... In reality, I keep going by because it's like when you have kids - only moms appreciate you showing off your little ankle biters, and often only knitters appreciate how soft the angora is and how vibrant the hand-dyed yarn can be ;-)

I also managed to rig up this laptop to play TV episodes whilst propped up on the floor in front of me so I can knit and look down at both my knitting and the show at the same time! Necessity, invention, you get it.

So, now, I'm off to knit and watch a little TV, because the dishes are done (yay!).

No comments: