Friday, January 15, 2010

Crafty things

I work part time... paid for 2.5 days a week. Most weeks I work more (including this week) but today I'm taking my unpaid day off and getting some things organized. But, since no one wants to see photos of my clean laundry or swept floors, I'll update my crafty endeavours instead :-)

First up - knitting:




The drop-stitch scarf is nearly finished, thanks to some quiet lunch breaks at work. I haven't done much on it at home; since it's so portable, I'm keeping it for when I'm out. The color in the wide shots is fairly accurate, although it's much warmer and glowy. The combination of close-up and flash makes the grey-greens look purply-blue-grey, but you can see the stitch pattern. I'm trying to decide between fringe and no fringe, so opinions on that are welcome ;-)

Next - crochet:




This is Mom's Boteh in Noro Silk Garden Sock... it's enjoyable from a color perspective, but the yarn is strangely too crunchy to be fun and move fast. I'll have to pick it up again, though; these colors are pretty close, and I'm keen to see how the yarn softens with a good soak and blocking.

Next - the kit from hell:


This is a small sampling of the 8 pages of instructions for this tree skirt (and they're 11"x17" pages, thankyouverymuch). Everything is coded, and there are literally hundreds of little pieces of felt. Which I need to cut out. Individually. I must be crazy ;-)

Finally - my embroidery transfers:

Flowers and butterflies, and snowmen and coffee cups. I don't know what I'll do with them, but I'll do something great. They deserve to become something beautiful.

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Woah! YOu've been busy! I love the colors of the DS scarf!