Thursday, December 31, 2009

Drive-by New Years Eve post

I can't do photos, because I'm on Hubby's laptop, and mine isn't turned on (plus I'm too damn lazy to reset the comcast box)... but I can report that I'm about 24" into the scarf I'm knitting with the Fleece Artist yarn my Godmother sent (it's wool/angora/nylon, called "Peter Rabbit", in the colorway "Celtic Colors")... and it's fab.

We also just had an hour-long videocall with 2/3 of the family, and it was fun and melancholy at the same time. My little brother made faces behind my mother's head, which was hilarious, but my heart broke everytime N. tried to hand toys to his Grammie to play with, not realizing she couldn't take them through the screen. My three-month contract extension isn't long enough to plan a trip on, either, so I hope they can come down soon.

I won't likely be awake at midnight, but here's to 2009, it was a very good year... and here's to hoping 2010 is even better... more knitting, more pictures, more travel, more sleep... full of mores :-)

See y'all next year! xo

No comments: