Thursday, November 19, 2009

To decorate (now) or not to decorate (yet). That is the question.

I can't be the only crazy one.

I've been trying to decide when to start putting up our Christmas decorations, because we're going all out this year. This is only the second time in my life I haven't been home, and it's the first year we won't be visiting any family (there was one disastrous Christmas at my mother-in-law's place that we use as the standard for shitty Christmasses).

We've completed the shopping, the gifts are waiting to be wrapped, and I've managed to gather up enough paraphernalia to make the apartment look like Santa went on a bender. The question is, when?

I have friends on crackbook that have already put up their trees, and it's so tempting. This weekend we have no outings planned, no really huge work projects that have to get done, no papers to write. Just some frantic knitting (some people's gifts are going to be post-holiday presents, I think; I've just got to accept it), and some cleaning.

Wreaths? Lights? Or tree?

Or should I just say screw it and bake more cookies, because I'm a glutton for punishment?

*<[];o{> (that kind of looks like Santa, right?)

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

I wait til the turkey is dead and then I go whole hog. Just me. All about respecting the dead bird ;-)