Friday, October 9, 2009

Today, I knit.

So, I still work part time, and I still have theoretically two days off per week. There's still a part of me that hates not being on campus on those days, because I send N. to daycare. It's a full-time spot, and I don't like disrupting his routine. Plus, I often get extra done at work (for no pay and sometimes no recognition). Hubby tells me to stay home, so I try. I can get the laundry and the cleaning done without a little one underfoot, which I really appreciate is the holy grail for working moms and dads. And, it's so nice to see them coming up the stairs at the end of the day, with my little boy grinning from ear to ear because he sees Momma. So, yes, it's been laundry, cleaning, vacuuming.

Today, however... today, I knit.

The little pixie hat for my niece is nearly done; the body has been knit and seamed, and I'll do the neck band today. The mystery gift for my Goddaughter is probably about 40% done. If I have to order good movies on Comcast to keep my butt in that chair I will because today, I knit.

(I totally just typed "today, I knot". I hope (k)not. Groan.)

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Ooo...on campus daycare! Lucky duck! Those spots were always filled at MSU.