Wednesday, October 14, 2009

ABC Meme

THE ABC’S OF ME

A – ADVOCATE FOR: health care, affordable and available childcare, working parents

B – BEST FEATURE: eyes, sense of humour

C – COULD DO WITHOUT: those extra lbs, the exhaustion, the insane hypersensitivity to everything around me causing me to be one giant walking itchy hive

D – DREAMS & DESIRES: move home, get a 9-5, watch my kid grow up

E – ESSENTIAL ITEMS: internet, cellphone, knitting, tv

F – FAVORITE PAST TIME: reading/knitting/tv/sleeping

G – GOOD AT: baking, knitting, being dr phil

H – HAVE NEVER TRIED: skydiving, general risk-taking

I – IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS: buy a house, RESPs, and travel

J – JUNKIE FOR: caaaake, yarn, caaaaaaaaake

K – KINDRED SPIRIT: my boys, for sure

L – LITTLE KNOWN FACT: I love reading science fiction (most of my friends irl don't know)

M – MEMORABLE MOMENT: N. being born, getting married, getting my PhD

N – NEVER AGAIN WILL I: encourage anyone to go into grad school

O – OCCASIONAL INDULGENCE: cake, shoes, craft supplies (I buy yarn too often for it to be "occasional")

P – PROFESSION: Mom, scientist

Q – QUOTE: (today, I can't think of anything)

R – REASON TO SMILE: My boys.

S – SORRY ABOUT: being lazy and self-absorbed

T -THINGS THAT ARE WORRYING YOU RIGHT NOW: My grandmother (Alzheimers), my great uncle (MRSA + congestive heart failure)

U – UNINTERESTED IN: the olympics, ironing, cleaning my apartment.

V – VERY SCARED OF: bugs, being alone, enclosed spaces.

W – WORST HABITS: lazy about straightening up, lazy in the mornings, lazy in general... oh, and the hours of TV.

X – X MARKS MY IDEAL VACATION SPOT: I haven't really gone too many exotic places, so I can't say for sure. I'd like to go somewhere sunny, and I'd like to go to France.

Y – YUMMIEST DESSERT: Cake in any form, if it involves frosting. I also make a mean cheesecake, and créme brulée

Z – ZODIAC SIGN: Taurus, and I'm a classic example. Stubborn and boorish, fiercely loyal.

No comments: